A magical Christmas toy parade is coming back to the intu Trafford Centre in November.
The free festive event will see popular characters from a host of children’s TV programmes parade through the crowds including Paw Patrol, PJ Masks, Shimmer and Shine, In the Night Garden, Teletubbies and many more.
Thousands of visitors flocked to see the launch of the north west’s biggest Christmas toy parade last year. This year, the family event will take place on Saturday, 17th November at the shopping mall.
Filled with fairytale music, beautiful dance medleys and festive magic – the captivating Christmas show will burst into the Orient with two show-stopping parades at 11.30am and 2.30pm.
The enchanting performances will give families a chance to see their favourite children’s characters alongside a dazzling array of princes, princesses, dancers and many more.
Father Christmas will take a brief break from his time in the centre’s new Christmas grotto to appear in the procession and welcome the crowds to the Christmas event.
The parades are once again expected to draw families from across the region as little ones hope to catch a glimpse of their favourite characters.
The full Magical Christmas Parade cast:
- Chase and Marshall from Paw Patrol
- Catboy, Owlette and Gekko, the mini superheroes from PJ Masks in their trademark pyjamas
- Shimmer and Shine, Nickelodeon’s twin-sister genies in training
- Teletubbies Tinky Winky and Po
- Iggle Piggle and Upsy Daisy, making a special trip from In the Night Garden
- Virgil from the Thunderbirds on a special festive mission
- Characters from the Sylvanian Families
- Peter Rabbit, taking some time away from Farmer McGregor’s garden
- Lego Batman from Legoland Discovery Centre’s
- A cast of magical fairy-tale princes and princesses
- Father Christmas leading the way in his trademark red coat
On the day, the characters will also be joined by volunteers from the NSPCC who will be on the malls to sell sparkly badges, bracelets and take charity donations.
“We are thrilled that the intu Trafford Centre has chosen the NSPCC as the charity partner for the Children’s Parade,” said Deborah Sefton of the NSPCC.
“Our volunteers will be in the centre on the day shining a light on the vital work of the NSPCC and selling our Christmas products. Every penny donated will go towards helping us to protect children across the region.”
Alison Niven, regional centre director at intu Trafford Centre, said: “Our Magical Christmas Parade was a huge hit last year bringing a smile to thousands of little festive faces.
“It’s the perfect festive mix of family fun, music and dancing that is sure to make a great Christmas day out. And with our brand-new Christmas grotto, the chance to go on the intu Christmas Wheel outside the centre and many more events planned over the next two months – it’s really beginning to feel like the magic of Christmas has started.”
The parade will take place a week after the big Christmas lights switch-on event at the Trafford Centre, on Thursday November 8th.