Christmas is coming so here’s something to get even the grinchiest of grinches into the festive spirit.
It’s a perfect evening of food and drink and features Michelin star recommended chef Simon Wood teaming up with award-winning single malt whisky The Glenlivet for two days only to bring you An Original Feast.
Each intimate event will seat just 20 people and will consist of a 5 course tasting menu curated by the MasterChef winner, including one of the dishes that helped him clinch the title – the Citrus Tutti-Frutti.
The five course menu features some quite brilliant combinations:
• Pollen sour dough, salted butter crab quiche paired with The Glenlivet 12yr old
• 82° slow cooked belly pork, sage & onion puree, apple gel and crackling paired with The Glenlivet 15yr old
• Artichoke ‘risotto’ celeriac, compressed apple and golden linseed crackers paired with The Glenlivet Nadurra American Cask
• Beaujolais braised oxtail, pickled yellow chanterelle, monkfish, salty samphire paired with The Glenlivet Captain’s Reserve
• Citrus Tutti-Frutti: all the citrus fruits, lemon lime passion fruit, vanilla and grapefruit paired with The Glenlivet 18yr old
Simon has built a career on breaking tradition. His Original Feast will look to provide new perspectives on taste and experience.
He’s teaming up with The Glenlivet, Speyside’s original single malt, in the perfect partnership to challenge convention and embrace original thinking.
Each dish will be paired with a different whisky from The Glenlivet’s selection of malts, with brand ambassadors Phil Huckle (3rd December) and Kirsty Thomson (5th December) on hand to take guests through the brand portfolio.
Such a partnership needs the perfect dynamic host, which is why the two events are being hosted at The Loft in Manchester, the home of extraordinary experiences, on Tuesday 3rd December and Thursday 5th December, with each session lasting approximately two hours.
And to make what promises to be a special evening unforgettable, guests will have the chance to win dinner for two at Wood, Simon’s restaurant on First Street.
Tuesday 3rd December and Thursday 5th December, 8-10pm. Tickets £40.