The BBC Radio 6 Music Festival Fringe takes place on Friday 28th February and Saturday 1st March 2014, at the Victoria Warehouse in Manchester.
The venue is also a stone’s throw from Media City, which is home to many of BBC Radio 6 Music’s shows.
The BBC Radio 6 Music Festival Fringe will run in two sessions each day between 12-3.20pm and 3.40-7pm. Reflecting the variety and alternative spirit of BBC Radio 6 Music.
A spoken word stage featuring BBC Radio 6 Music’s favourite poets, artists from the festival line up in conversation, Victoria Warehouse DJs and more:
- John Cooper Clarke, Murray Lachlan Young, Alan McGee, Tim Burgess, Haim, Huey Morgan and more TBA (FRI)
- Craig Charles, Murray Lachlan Young, James Blake, Bob Stanley, Viv Albertine, Peter Hook and more TBA (SAT)
- A record fair featuring independent record shops from across the UK
- A film screening area curated by BBC Radio 6 Music presenter and Grammy award winning music documentary maker Don Letts
- A photographic exhibition by Jason Joyce, who documented some of the station’s most important moments from the last year
- Performances curated by BBC Radio 6 Music’s award winning Freak Zone: Radiophonic Workshop (FRI) & The Part Time Heliocentric Cosmo Drama After School Club: A Sun Ra Tribute (SAT)
- Live band karaoke and more surprises.
Victoria Warehouse said: “We’re excited to be holding our inaugural festival in a city that’s played such an important role in British music history.”
#6musicfringefestival is FREE & you can apply here http://bbc.in/1d7ArQA
Victoria Warehouse Hotel & Events, Trafford Road, Manchester M17 1AB
0161 660 7000