Situated on the Red Bank Project, Grub is an amazing local business that serves great street food and provides a creative space for independent businesses to feature.
It also plays host to a 100 seater cinema space, Chapeltown Picture House, with a kids play room, dining hall & arguably most importantly, one the area’s biggest beer gardens.
It was set up in 2014 by husband and wife team Jason Bailey and Juliana Bailey after a successful run as street food traders themselves.
The focus of the events is always providing an inclusive, festival-style atmosphere supported by exceptional food and drink supplied by truly independent producers and chefs.
The weekend will see an array of activities from yoga to painting classes, guided vision boarding and more.
So if you’re looking for a healthy and wholesome start to 2023, why not pay them a visit?
Throughout the whole weekend guests can also enjoy a garden bar takeover with Aluna Coconut who will be serving delicious drinks specials alongside mindful campfires.
Guests can shop local at the eco-friendly market featuring local makers and businesses specialising in wellness goodies to take home.
There will also be a low and non-alcoholic drinks menu and an amazing line-up of freshly cooked street food by GRUB’s traders.
Here’s what they have got going on during the Saturday:
– ALUNA COCONUT GARDEN BAR TAKEOVER AND MINDFUL CAMPFIRES – The team from award-winning Aluna Coconut will be taking over the GRUB Garden bar and campfires
– SUSTAINABLE WELLNESS MARKET – Shop local at the eco-friendly market featuring local makers and businesses specialising in wellness goodies to take home.
– CHILDREN’S PIZZA SCHOOL & POT PAINTING – 12PM – Little ones can join the gang from Dough So Good as they learn to make and top their own artisan pizzas. Whilst the pizzas are cooking there’ll be plant pot painting galore with the team from Paint-A-Pot.
– KOMBUCHA MAKINGWORKSHOPWITH THE FERMENTATION STATION – 1PM – In this two hour workshop The Fermentation Station will teach everything guests need to know about this widely loved Ancient Chinese drink.Then, learn the fundamentals of fermentation and make a custom kombucha and SCOBY to take home.
– RELAXING SOUND BATHWITH UTOPIAWELL-BEING – 2PM – Utopia Well-Being will host a relaxing hour-long Sound Bath using crystal sound bowls, gongs, chimes and other beautiful instruments.
-VISION BOARDING AND GOAL SETTINGWORKSHOPWITH NOURISH NORTHERN MAMAS – 3PM – This 90 minute Vision Boarding & Goal Setting workshop with Nourish Northern Mamas will help to create your well-being goals for 2023.
– JAPANESE PAINTINGWORKSHOPWITH FLOATING ART – 5PM – This relaxing workshop from Floating Art will teach you to paint with both traditional and contemporary Japanese painting techniques.
And for the Sunday:
– RISE & SHINEYOGAWITH MANCYOGI – 11AM & 3PM – Join Chloe the Manc Yogi for Rise & Shine yoga to get your energy flowing for the day ahead.
– MACRAMÉ BEADED DREAM CATCHERWORKSHOP – 1PM – With The Manchester Macramé Co guests can make a beaded dream catcher and learn top tips to make dream catchers at home.
– INDIAN HEAD MASSAGEWITH CHLOE – 1PM – 3PM – The perfect Sunday afternoon treat. Treatments delivered by qualified Indian Head Massage practitioner Chloe.