He has recently announced the opening of the Samr Trust Hospital, fulfilling his father’s long-cherished dream.
Tragically, Mr. Ullah succumbed to COVID-19 in 2021, leaving behind a vision to establish a hospital in his hometown in Pakistan.
The Samr Trust Hospital
Mr Ullah’s journey took him from the impoverished areas of Punjab, Pakistan, to the UK in the early 90s with his family.
Now, Dr. Matee, alongside his brothers and co-founders of The Samr Trust, has transformed this dream into a reality by officially opening the Samr Trust Hospital.
This pioneering medical facility is set to serve over 40,000 locals and will be inaugurated in three phases over the forthcoming months.
The first phase, initiated this week, encompasses outpatient and pharmacy services.
Subsequent phases will encompass emergency care, laboratory and investigation units, four inpatient wards, a minor operations theatre, a maternity ward, and an intensive care unit.
The Samr Trust Charitable Organisation
The construction and operational costs of the hospital are entirely covered by the Samr Trust charitable organisation, with the construction process spanning 18 months.
Notably, the late Mr Ullah had purchased the land for the hospital using funds generated from the sale of his UK home, where he had resided since 1990.
Free Medical Care
Approximately 80% of the hospital’s patients are expected to receive medical care free of charge by registering for a medical card, while the remaining 20% will be responsible for their treatment costs.
The overall expenses for building and equipping the hospital, including necessary medical technology, have reached approximately £1 million.
Following his Father’s Dreams
Dr Matee Rajput shared his sentiments about the Samr Trust Hospital, stating: “It was always our father’s dream to open a hospital in Punjab, a very poor and deprived area of Pakistan where he spent much of his younger years before emigrating to the UK.”
“He would always remind us not to forget anyone who came to us for help and was a very generous and charitable man that cared for the wellbeing of complete strangers in the same way he cared for his own family.”
“This dream began 40 years ago and is a gift and a blessing for the community of Punjab. We have been overwhelmed with the response so far – and already have a waiting list of patients in need of medical care and support, which clearly demonstrates how vital this kind of facility is within this community.”
“18 months ago the site of the Samr Trust Hospital was just fields of crops purchased by my father with funds from the sale of his UK home – and now we’re able to offer a level of medical care that the many locals within this area of Pakistan will never have experienced before in their lifetime.”
“We’re opening the hospital in three stages, stage one is already in progress and over the coming months stages two and three will follow, opening up a range of much-needed medical wards and labs that will completely change the lives of the people of Punjab.”
“It is our honour and privilege to open this hospital in our father’s memory and we look forward to supporting this community for many, many years to come.”
The Samr Trust Hospital is solely funded by donations, and contributions are warmly welcomed to further the organisation’s charitable endeavours. For more information on the Samr Trust’s numerous charitable projects and to donate, please click here
Dr Matee Rajput is the UK’s leading celebrity hair transplant surgeon, with an array of high-profile celebrity clients including Joe Swash, Jake Quickenden, Gareth Gates, Rosie Williams, Gaz Beadle, Bianca Gascoigne, Jack Fincham, Greg Shepherd, Jake Cornish, Paul Robinson, James Lock, Stuart Hogg, Katie Price – amongst many others.
Dr Matee operates hair transplant clinics in both Manchester and London – and has over 15 years of extensive training and experience.
He specialises in hair, eyebrow and beard transplantations and his medical training has included an elective at Harvard Medical School and a medical degree at Kings College London.
He also appeared on the hit ITVBe series Billie and Greg: The Family Diaries while performing Greg Shepherds’ hair transplant, which was a key storyline in the most recent series.