BrightHR launched with a bang in November 2015 and has been blazing a trail for brilliant workplace cultures ever since. They are the champions of play at work and provide businesses with tools that deal with dull HR and admin processes so businesses can become part of this cultural shift.
The company recently commissioned one of the world’s leading business psychologists, Professor Sir Cary Cooper, to look into the importance of play at work. The research found that a staggering 79 per cent of 16-24 year old employees believe fun at work is the most important factor, with 44 per cent admitting ‘play’ at work made them work harder. The study also found that more than 45 per cent of employees in Manchester claim to have no fun at work.
BrightHR’s headquarters is known as Cloud9 and has a 50ft long Jack and the Beanstalk’s Garden themed breakout space with bean bags, football nets, space hoppers and NERF guns, and the team is actively encouraged to use these throughout the course of their day. Last month, they even introduced a sleep room to their office to allow staff to take part in a pioneering new study to test the power of napping on the job.
Paul Harris, co-Founder and CMO of BrightHR said: “The workforce is changing and our work/home life is becoming increasingly blurred, the workplace needs to change accordingly. We are passionate about the importance of fun and play at work, and believe this is key to productivity and creativity. From day one we always wanted our office to be a really engaging place for the team to enjoy and we are really excited to hear about other offices in Manchester that are dedicated to making the workplace a fun and happy place.”
To nominate your workplace as the happiest in Manchester, tell us why your place of work deserves to be awarded Manchester’s Happiest Workplace via the competition form here >>
If your workplace is named the happiest in Manchester, you will win a team building away day for all staff members plus ten runners-up will be given a fun at work pack to up the ante in the happy office stakes.
If you’re wondering what makes a happy workplace, BrightHR’s study revealed that the top five activities Mancunian employees claimed would brighten their work day and make them more productive in the office were:
- Dress down Friday (28 percent)
- Wellbeing days with massages (18 percent)
- Pool Table (16 percent)
- Work bake-off (16 percent)
- Office Parties and nights out (15 percent)
Do you agree, or do you think your office offers something more special?
Terms & Conditions:
The following terms and conditions apply to win a team building away day for you and your colleagues
- Closing date 9am Monday 25th April
- Entrants will be judged by BrightHR and I Love Manchester
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative will be given
- Bright HR and I Love MCR has the right to withdraw the competition at any time
- Prizes will be delivered within one month of announcement
- The giveaway is open to UK residents aged 18 or over only
- The giveaway is subject to availability and BrightHR/I Love MCR reserve the right to substitute the prize for equivalent products of equal value if needs be
- No purchase necessary
- By registering for this giveaway, you consent to our reasonable use and publication of any information
provided by you
- Unless otherwise stated, the Promoter is BrightHR, Victoria Place, Manchester, M4