Love Manchester? Prove it. Have your visit to the website make a difference in Greater Manchester…
Join us as we once again open our doors for anyone to visit the museum for FREE as part of Cheetham Cultural Festival 2023.
Get ready for a fun day filled with family-friendly activities, tasty food and performances, which celebrate the vibrant communities of our museum and bring Jewish Mancunian stories to life.
Explore the fascinating stories on our gallery and learn about the communities who once gathered to worship in our Grade II* listed 1874 Spanish and Portuguese Synagogue.
Meet our creative social groups as they share the incredible music, food and crafts they have been making through pop up exhibitions, performances and workshops.
– Dive into an origami shoe-making workshop led by the museum’s Crafty Corner.
– Decorate your own sweet, tasty Cinnamon Balls with the Foodie Group.
– Help us write a ‘Song for the Future’ as we get ready to create a new time capsule for our synagogue’s 150th anniversary in 2024.
– Watch a beautiful performance by the museum’s Song-Writing Group with songs inspired by the stories in our collection
– Meet the fantastic Cheetham Hill and Crumpsall Ambassadors from the Royal Exchange Theatre. Listen to a song from their brand-new theatre piece, which will be performed in full at 3pm at the Ukrainian Cultural Centre.
There’s lots of fun and free events happening in the area from Thursday to Sunday (12-15 October) as part of Cheetham Cultural Festival so make sure to have a look at the full festival programme.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Our Museum Open Day is FREE but capacity is limited so online bookings are encouraged. You can arrive anytime between 12pm and 3pm, regardless of the time shown on your ticket (book any of the available time slots). Last entry is at 3pm.
All activities happening on the day are drop-in and open to all ages. When spaces fill up, we will encourage you to have a look around the museum and come back for the activity at a later time.
We have a bag search policy and all large bags (rucksacks, suitcases etc.) will be searched. We are unable to store bags and we would advise not bringing large bags with you when you visit.
Our museum Cafe will be open for food and refreshments throughout the day. We will have guides on side to answer any questions you may have about the stories on the gallery.