On Friday the 5th October, The Independent Manchester Beer Convention or IndyManBeerCon for short or IMBC for shorter, will be holding a two day celebration of beer mixed with some food, some discussion and some general good times.
Held at Victoria Baths, Manchester – their plan is to take the best bits of all the beer festivals and combine them into one multisensory, headlong, hop forward beer extravaganza, a modest goal I’m sure you’ll agree.
The Convention will bring together the UK’s most progressive, forward thinking breweries in unique surroundings presenting the best beers they can get hold off on both cask and keg.
The event will also include:
- Over 30 kegs lines, hosted by the brewers themselves.
- 30 cask lines curated by Port Street Beer House and others.
- The Portable Street Beer House presenting craft beers from here there and everywhere.
- A beer and food pairing dinner*
- Pop up tastings
- Mini food pairings
- Talks and seminars.
- Some live music and the like.
- Coffee/Tea provided by North Tea Power and Has Bean.
- Food stalls
- 2 ticket levels per day to accommodate all comers IMBC Lite (12pm-4.30pm), IMBC Later (5.30pm-11.30pm) and IMBC Max (5.30pm-11.30pm).
*meal included in the IMBC Max ticket priced at £45.
A little background: IMBC is brought to you by the team behind Common and Port Street Beer House. IMBC came about through being inspired by the UK’s craft beer movement and frustrated that beer festivals, in their current form, weren’t really representative of this exciting and dynamic part of the industry. We wanted to put on an event that has amazing beer (obviously) but was open-minded, inclusive and modern. We also wanted to put customers in direct contact with the people who make the beer and have our brewers prepare a special exclusive for the Convention. Mix this all in with other crafty practitioners such as North Tea Power, Aumbry and Has Bean and you have a frenzy of good stuff to eat, drink and make merry with.
Get tickets and more information