Manchester Three Rivers Gin Experience has been revealed to be the best-rated attraction in the UK.
The research by Premier Inn uses data sourced from TripAdvisor to find the number one ranking attraction in 24 cities in the UK.
The rating of each city’s top attraction was then analysed to identify those with the highest percentage of 5/5 ratings to calculate the 10 top-rated tourist attractions in the country.
The results highlight the breadth and variety of the nation’s tourist spots, revealing a mix of world famous attractions and more unexpected places that are clearly a hit with visitors.
Museums and galleries are the most common top-rated tourist attraction, with seven cities having them as their highest-rated attractions for visitors.
Bath’s historic Roman Baths, Edinburgh’s impressive nature spot Arthur’s Seat and a Beatles tour in Liverpool were some of the more well-known attractions that were listed as each city’s Top Attraction.
The results also show some surprising tourist favourites, such as an alpaca experience in Sheffield and a 19th century tunnel in Newcastle.
But the highest-rated attraction of them all is Manchester Three Rivers Gin Experience.
“Having our Manchester Three Rivers Gin Experience named as the best rated attraction in the UK is incredible,” said Louise Rivers-Hull of Manchester Three Rivers Gin.
“To look at the list you realise the UK has such a diverse range of brilliant things to do and it makes us very proud to be representing Manchester at the top and on a national scale. We hope we’ve done the city proud with our experience and our gin!”
The Top Ten is as follows:
1. Manchester Three Rivers Gin Experience, gin distillery tours and tastings in Manchester
2. Holly Hagg Farm, alpaca walking experience in Sheffield
3. Winbirri Vineyards, family run vineyard in Norwich offering tours and tastings
4. The Oxford Artisan Distillery, independent distillery in Oxford
5. Steamship Shieldhall, working steam ship in Southampton
6. Cambridgeshire Wine School, offers wine lessons in Cambridge
7. The Gower Peninsula, area of outstanding beauty outside Swansea
8. The Adrenalin Jungle, outdoor activity centre in Nottingham
9. The Mary Rose Museum, preserved ship dating back to 1500s in Portsmouth
10. Victoria Tunnel, 19th century tunnel underneath Newcastle