Do you enjoy helping people? Are you looking for a role that is truly rewarding? Then we need you!
Together we can make a real difference to helping people in need.
We are currently looking for four Service Co-ordinators in the Manchester area to join us on a fixed-term contract until the end of March 2023. Extension of the contract is possible if further funding is obtained.
The Home from Hospital service helps people being discharged from hospital settle back in at home, regain their independence and reconnect with their community. The Service aims to cut delays in patients being able to leave hospital when they are ready, and to reduce their recovery time and chance of readmission by supporting their wellbeing during their first days at home.
As a Service Co-ordinator, you will provide a Home from Hospital support service to recently discharged patients from either Manchester Royal Infirmary or Trafford General Hospital.
Upon leaving the hospital, you will be responsible for transporting patients to their homes and providing practical and emotional support for up to four weeks.
This could include:
- Welfare checks
- Shopping & Prescription collection/delivery
- Transport to local appointments (using your own vehicle - all mileage fully reimbursed on a weekly/monthly basis)
- Hydration and nutrition advice and support
- Physical exercise
You will be responsible for scheduled visits to clients, ensuring they receive personalised support to meet their own identified goals and targets. You will not be responsible for managing medication or personal care.
We would ideally be looking for someone to work anything up to 35 hours each week. We have various hours to offer to the right people, covering seven days a week and we are flexible to discuss individual working days and working hours to suit your situation.
What we are ideally looking for is someone:
- To enjoy the flexibility of remote working, managing your own responsibilities and every day being different
- That has a full, valid driving licence and access to your own vehicle (mileage reimbursed at government rate)
- To be confident to both support patients and liaise with NHS discharge teams on the hospital site
- To be motivated by helping people and making a difference to their lives
- Has excellent communication skills at all levels
- Has proficiency in standard IT systems
- To act on own initiative within agreed parameters
Knowledge and understanding of the NHS, Health and Social Care and local geography to the hospital site is an advantage.
Note - Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to pre-employment checks. This will also include a criminal records check.
What you will get in return
We’re proud to be in the top 25 not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK, based on ratings from Indeed. As a valued employee at Royal Voluntary Service, you will benefit from the following:
- An hourly rate of £10.05 per hour
- 33 days’ holiday including Bank Holidays (pro rata for part-time)
- Enhanced Family Leave schemes
- 6 weeks company sick pay
- A great pension scheme
- An employee benefits package that gives access to an exclusive rewards and cashback website
- 24-hour access to online GPs
- Rewards scheme to claim money back for dental, optical and other therapies
- A free and confidential employee assistance programme with up to 6 face to face sessions built in
- Opportunities to discuss flexible working
- Access to award winning e-learning and development
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
Dates to bear in mind: The closing date for this role is the 2nd December 2022.
How to apply
Please select the apply button on the link shown to be taken through to the application process. You will need to answer some screening questions as well as uploading your CV. You will be contacted by a member of the team once your application has been reviewed.
Here at Royal Voluntary Service, we are committed to equality, diversity, and inclusion. We want to be a charity that is representative of the communities we serve, which is why we strive for diversity of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.