A historical tour of E.W Pugin’s neo-gothic, Victorian, architectural masterpiece
Discover the history of E.W. Pugin’s neo-gothic treasure and walk in the footsteps of the Franciscans. This volunteer guided tour offers a fascinating insight into the life and work of the friars who created this much-loved place of worship and important example of Manchester architecture.
Learn about the rise, decline and fall of The Monastery and its magnificent restoration. Our guided tours bring this incredible story to life. Come and find out what makes this famous Manchester landmark so special.
- This tour is £8
- This is a walking tour of The Monastery and takes around 30 to 45 minutes
- Tours take place on Mondays at 10:30am AND/OR 2:00pm*
- Children (under 16) free – accompanied by an adult
- Recommended for adults and children aged 12+
- Each tour has a capacity of 15
- Larger groups can pre-book a private tour by contacting [email protected]
- This event is fully accessible for wheelchairs and buggies
Every Monday. There are two time slots to choose from, either 10am-11.15am OR 2-2.45pm, each Monday (except bank holidays and Christmas holidays)
Book now for Taste of the Monastery Tour at The Monastery